Garmin Releases Software and Feature Updates to Several of it Smartwatches: Here’s more about it
The American and Swiss domiciled company, Garmin releases software and feature updates to many of its selected devices. The new update will bring jet lag adviser, wake-sports activities and many more adventurous features to your device.
Read more about it below.
New Software and Feature Updates to Garmin Smartwatches
The Garmin smart-watches which includes Garmin Enduro 2, Garmin epix (Gen 2), Garmin devices of the fēnix 7 series and Instinct 2 series, Garmin Instinct Crossover, Garmin MARQ (Gen 2), Garmin quatix 7, Garmin tactix 7 and the Garmin vívomove series smartwatches will be receiving the new update.
The new update will include the following,
- Enhancements in backcountry ski and snowboard – With the new update users will no longer have to select descending or climbing mode manually, the device itself will be able to grasp it automatically and will start to track your activity, all you have to do is, just select backcountry ski or backcountry snowboard option.
- Jet Lag Adviser – The new update will bring you a jet lag adviser which will provide you with information about light exposure, sleep schedules and the exercise that you can do inorder to reduce the effects of jet lag. All they need to do is to enter the trip details on the “Garmin Connect” app which they have downloaded on their smartphones.
- Wakesports Activities – With the new update, users will be able to track details of water skiing, wakeboarding, wake surfing and tubing. The device will detect when the user is moving and when they are waiting for the boat. Users will also be able to check their previous data as well.
- Sail Expedition – While the users are making a long sailing trip, the smartwatch will automatically turn off the sensors and other accessories on the device inorder to provide a longer battery life to its users. However, once every one hour, the device will track the GPS location.
- Physio TrueUp Enhancements – With the new update, the users will be able to track their training status, training load, load focus and many more additional information of their training session with multiple Garmin devices. This will help the users get a more clear idea about their workout schedule.
- Sunrise/Sunset Widget Enhancements – With the new enhancements made to the sunrise/sunset widget, users will be able to track the sun’s position and help them in planning their whole adventure.
- Sleep Score – In selected devices, based on the users quality and quantity of sleep, they will receive sleep scores which will help users in identifying whether they are sleeping well or not.
Users should also not that, this is a free update and can be downloaded easily after connecting their smartwatches to the Garmin Connect app or can be downloaded by using Garmin Express.
Yesterday I got an update for my #Garmin #fenix 6 Pro (do you know an app from #garminIQ to get device info?) But I didn't investigate… I will meanwhile be aware of that massive task achieved for the latest gen.#Smartwatches #fitness #enduro #epix #sport #wellness pic.twitter.com/RO2scPzaxu
— Fabrizio Degni (@sev7en2507) February 23, 2023