iPhone users will be able to make Emergency SOS via satellite from December, 2022 in these countries
Now iPhone users would be able to connect to the world even without cellular and Wi-Fi coverage. Apple officially released that the Emergency SOS service would reach France, Germany, Ireland, and the UK in this December. This service is being provided by the Globalstar satellites specifically designed to provide services to smartphones.
It was one of the headline announcements made during the release of the iPhone 14 series. The users would be able to use 911 services in insulated zones without a cellular network.
The service is being provided at free of cost for the first two years for iPhone 14 users. However, later they would be charged on subscription bases.
Use of Emergency SOS
Due to the network loss, people are not able to text or call anyone Apple iPhone allows you to solve this issue with Emergency SOS service allows you to connect to emergency services through satellite when there is no cellular network and get you help when in need.
How to Connect to the Satellite
- Remove your phone from the pocket and hold it in your hands
- Move to a clear sky and horizon
- Be aware that thick foliage may obstruct the connection. Mountains, valleys, and high buildings can all interfere with the connection.
- In case you need to turn left or right or move to avoid a blocked signal, your iPhone provides guidance—just follow the onscreen instructions.
- The satellite connection can be maintained even if your phone screen is locked.