Top Cricketer to take highest wickets in T20 format
One of the most popular sports games in the world, here we present to you the Top 10 highest wicket-takers in the T20 format:
- Dwayne Bravo – the Champion player tops the list with owning 571 wickets in the T20 format, he has played in almost every major T20 league and has been an integral part of IPL and Caribbean Premier League. He was also part of the West Indies winning team of T2o World Cup 2012 and 2016.
- Imran Tahir – the Pakistani born South African spinner is second on the list, he played for the Proteas in all three formats but was more indulged in the T20 format, he has gained 451 T20 wickets to his name. He has played a majority of T20 leagues and was also the highest wicket-taker in the 2018 IPL.
- Rashid Khan – the Afghan cricketer has scalped 435 wickets to his name, in November 2020 he was nominated for the ICC Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Decade award. On 7th November 2021, Rashid picked up his 400th T20 wicket in the World Cup match against New Zealand.
- Sunil Narine – Right arm off-spinner, also a part-time left-handed opener, he has picked up 429 wickets in the shorter format, an important part of Kolkata Knight Riders’ winning IPL editions of 2012 and 2014.
- Shakib Al Hasan – Bangladesh all-rounder has been one of the finest players for the Bangladesh team over the years, ranked the No. 1 all-rounder by ICC, one of the top five players to pick up more than 400 wickets in T20 format.
- Lasith Malinga – Slingla Malinga or the Yorker King, needs no introduction, best limited bowler of all time, captained Sri Lanka to the 2014 T20 World Cup win, only bowler to take 4 wickets in 4 balls twice in international cricket. 380 T20 wickets.
- Sohail Tanvir – Not having a glorious ODI career, he is known mostly for his T20 performances, and has an unconventional style of bowling, with 380 wickets in T20.
- Wahab Riaz – The second Pakistani on the list, known for his heroic performances in the 2015 World Cup, he has been Pakistan’s leading wicket-taker in World Cups, with 379 T20 wickets to his name.
- Andre Russell – Dre Russ, the Windies all-rounder, known as a complete player, famous for playing T20 leagues all around and KKR’s integral part over the years. He has picked up 354 wickets in his T20 career.
- Shahid Afridi – Boom Boom Afridi, the former Pakistan captain and leg spinner has been part of the Pakistan team for more than two decades, giving them huge accolades on World Stage. He is also a part of the top 10 wicket-takers in T20 with 347 scalps under him.