India vs Australia 2nd T20I; 8 overs game at Nagpur
The second T20I between India and Australia has finally rolled at 9:30 PM IST. The match was to due to begin at 7:00 PM IST but because of the heavy rains in Nagpur over the past couple of days, the outfield was wet, which meant that the play could not start.
The groundstaff and workers worked on the ground and made all things ready for play to begin.
However, the match will be a short affair as both teams will play 8 overs each. There are also some more changes to the playing 11 conditions:
- The toss will take place at 9:15 PM IST, 15 minutes before the start of the game. As per the rules, the toss takes place half hour before the start of play.
- There will be a 2-over powerplay in this game. Usually in a 20-over game, there is only one powerplay which is for the first six overs.
- A bowler can bowl a maximum of 2 overs in the 8-over game. The rules regarding this were altered in 2017.
- There will be no drinks break in the 8-over game. There’s a drink break after 10 overs. Also, players call substitutes when they require drinks.
- The first innings of the contest will be held from 9:30 PM IST to 10:04 PM. There will be an innings break of 10 minutes. The 2nd innings will kick off at 10:14 and shall be completed by 10:48 PM IST.
At the moment, Australia are 3 wickets down for the score of 31 in 4th over. Skipper Aaron Finch and wicketkeeper Mathew Wade are on the crease.