Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti: Guru Nanak Dev Ji principles, quotes and GuruPurab wishes
The birth of the first Guru of Sikhism is considered to the sacred day of divine and is celebrated all over the globe as Guru Nanak Jayanti with great joy and happiness. Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the founder of Sikhism was born on the Purnima Tithi of the month Kartik in Nankana Sahib in the year 1469. So every year the auspicious day of Kartik Purnima is celebrated as one of the biggest festivals of Sikhism.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji was a man of principles. His ideas and beliefs could easily reach the heart of individuals and change them.
- Ik Onkar: He always spread the message of ‘Ik Onkar’ meaning One God which is present in every creature he made and constitutes the eternal truth.
- Vaand Chhakana: Guru Nanak Dev preached the idea of sharing whatever God has given you and help the ones in need.
- Kirat Karna: he asked people to make a living honestly and not exploit others for self-satisfaction.
- Naam Japana: Guru Nanak Dev emphasized on remembering the God by repeating the divine name. He said that it will help people control over the five evils- lust, anger, greed, attachment and ego.
- Sarbat daa bhalaa: Guru Nanak Dev Ji always asked people to wish for everyone’s happiness from God. He did not believe in differences based on caste, class, gender, religion etc and wished good for everyone and preached that if you show goodness, you will receive goodess in return.
Guru Nanak Dev always asked his followers to speak the truth without any fear. He also believed in the importance of a Guru in one life, he said that without Guru one can never find God. His words were so impactful that they were enshrined in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji. People especially children all over the world should learn about his beliefs and sayings to inherent good values in them. So, here’s a few beautiful quotes of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
- “Burn worldly love, rub the ashes and make ink of it, make the heart the pen, the intellect the writer, write that which has no end or limit.”
- “Even Kings and emperors with heaps of wealth and vast dominion cannot compare with an ant filled with the love of God.”
- “There is but One God. His name is Truth; He is the Creator. He fears none; he is without hate. He never dies; He is beyond the cycle of births and death. He is self-illuminated. He is realized by the kindness of the True Guru. He was True in the beginning; He was True when the ages commenced and has ever been True. He is also True now.”
- “Dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the Messenger of Death will not be able to touch you.”
- “Let no man in the world live in delusion. Without a Guru none can cross over to the other shore.”
- “If the people use the wealth bestowed on them by God for themselves alone or for treasuring it, it is like a corpse. But if they decide to share it with others, it becomes sacred food.”
- “Alone let him constantly meditate in solitude on that which is salutary for his soul, for he who meditates in solitude attains supreme bliss.”
- “One cannot comprehend Him through reason, even if one reasoned for ages.”
- “From its brilliancy everything is illuminated.”
- “Death would not be called bad, O people, if one knew how to truely die.”
- “Owing to ignorance of the rope the rope appears to be a snake; owing to ignorance of the Self the transient state arises of the individualized, limited, phenomenal aspect of the Self.”
- “Nanak, the whole world is in distress. He, who believes in the Name, becomes victorious.”
- “I am neither male nor female, nor am I sexless. I am the Peaceful One, whose form is self-effulgent, powerful radiance.”
- “That one plant should be sown and another be produced cannot happen; whatever seed is sown, a plant of that kind even comes forth.”
- “Through shallow intellect, the mind becomes shallow, and one eats the fly, along with the sweets.”
Guru Nanak Dev Ji brought enlightenment to this world and thus, to offer him prayers, people all around the world celebrate the occasion and remember his contributions to this world. So on the auspicious festival of Gurupurab, we bring you some beautiful wishes and greetings that you can share with your loved ones and remember the divine.
- Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh. Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti to you and your family!
- May the teachings of the Guru reflect goodness and compassion in you and bring into your life, the glow of happiness and prosperity. Happy Gurpurab!
- May Guru Nanak Dev Ji inspire you to achieve your goals in life and help maintain peace and tranquillity. To you and your family, a very Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti!
- Sat Guru Nanak pargateya, mitti dund jag chanan hoya, Aap ji nu Sri Guru Nanak Devji, De Gurpurab dian lakh lakh vadaiyan. Happy Gurpurab!
- May the holy teachings of Guru Nanak Dev Ji enlighten you and help you attain whatever you wish for. Happy Gurpurab!
- Nanak naam chardi kalaa, Tere Bhane Sarbat Da Bhala, Dhan Dhan Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji de aagan, Purab di aap sub nu lakh lakh vadhaai!
- May the Almighty shower you with his choicest blessings on the auspicious day of Gurpurab. A very Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti to you and your loved ones!
- May the name of Waheguru Ji be enshrined in your life. A very Happy Guru Nanak Dev Ji Jayanti to you!
- May Guru Nanak Dev Ji inspire you to achieve all your dreams. May you be showered with eternal peace, good health, wealth, happiness and prosperity!
- May happiness and blessings surround you as we join together to remember our beloved Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Happy Gurpurab!
- May this Guru Nanak Jayanti bring light in your life. Happy Gurpurab!
Guru Nanak Dev was the first of the 10 Guru of Sikhism who is highly revered in the Sikh Community. His birthday is known by different names starting from Guru Nanak Jayanti to Prakash Utsav or Guru Purab by different people but the holy day, full of positivity and happiness is celebrated by all.