Google Rolls-Out the November 2023 Android Security Patch to Various Pixel Devices
Google has started to roll out the November 2023 Android security patch update to its Pixel devices. The update apart from integrating the latest security patch, also brings a few bug fixes and improvements to the devices.
Here’s more about the update.
Google Pixel Update – November 2023 Android Security Patch
This update that is rolling out for Pixel devices will only be rolled out to devices running on the Android 14 operating system, and eligible users will have to update their device to the latest version of the Android operating system to receive the update. The roll-out will take place in phases, and once the update is made available on the device, users will be notified of it.
About the bug fixes and improvements, the issue with system stability when an app requests an uninstalled app, and the issue on devices with multiple users showing out of space or in a reboot state, will be fixed. The green flash issue when the device turns off will also be fixed, as well as the screen jerkiness when the touch registration is not precise. The instability in NFC and related services will be fixed as well.
Here are the eligible devices that will be receiving the update starting today – over the next week, depending on the carrier and model, along with the respective software versions:
Eligible devices and their respective software versions
- Pixel 4a (5G) – UP1A.231105.001
- Pixel 5 – UP1A.231105.001
- Pixel 5a (5G) – UP1A.231105.001
- Pixel 6 – UP1A.231105.003
- Pixel 6 Pro – UP1A.231105.003
- Pixel 6a – UP1A.231105.003
- Pixel 7 – UP1A.231105.003
- Pixel 7 Pro – UP1A.231105.003
- Pixel 7a – UP1A.231105.003
- Pixel Tablet – UP1A.231105.003
- Pixel Fold – UP1A.231105.003
- Pixel 8 – UD1A.231105.004
- Pixel 8 Pro – UD1A.231105.004