Twitch launches new feature ‘Hype Chat’, have your message pinned in your favourite streamer’s chat message in this way

Twitch is introducing a new feature called “Hype Chat” to enhance the chat experience among the Twitch user’s community.

Hype Chat will allow your viewers to stand out among the crowd and reach out to you easily. The Hype Chat feature will have purchase options, and you will earn a share of the revenue from each Hype Chat purchase that your viewers do.

Your viewers will have the option of sending you chat messages which can amount from $1 USD to $500. You can, however, set the minimum amount to up to $100. Such viewer messages will be pinned to the top of your chat.

Viewers who pay more for the Hype Chats will have their message in a higher position in the chat. A pinned message’s duration, character count, and visual design of the pin will be dependent on the amount a viewer spends.

Hype Chat will be an addition to the already existing monetization features like Bits, Subs, and Gift Subs.

However, as of now, the Hype Chat feature is only available for Partners. Because, according to Twitch, Hype Chat will have better functionality with channels that has fast-moving chats. It will be released broadly in the near future.

Streamers will receive 70 % of the Hype Chat revenue and the remaining 30 % will be received by Twitch. Most viewers will be able to buy Hype Chat directly through their local currency, with the requirement of Bits.




Readers like you help support The Tech Outlook. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. We cannot guarantee the Product information shown is 100% accurate and we advise you to check the product listing on the original manufacturer website. Thetechoutlook is not responsible for price changes carried out by retailers. The discounted price or deal mentioned in this item was available at the time of writing and may be subject to time restrictions and/or limited unit availability. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates Read More

Advertisement

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More