Ola Electric Clarifies Their Statement And Findings Of The Recent Pune Incident On X
On October 28th, an Ola electric scooter was caught on fire in the parking area of DY Patil College. The videos of this incident have been circulating since then on the social media platform X. In the videos, we can see firefighters putting out the fire with waterpipes.
As per the report from the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) fire department, the electric scooter suddenly caught fire and heavy smoke emerged. The scooter was severely damaged and no casualties were reported. The immediate action by the fire department made the situation manageable and safe.
Important update pic.twitter.com/K7pw71Xoxo
— Ola Electric (@OlaElectric) October 29, 2023
This is the second incident related to Ola in Pune after an Ola S1 Pro Scooter caught on fire in the Dhanori area of Pune in March 2022. After the incident got major attention from the public, Ola Electric shared a picture of their clarification statement on X about the incident.
In the opening paragraph, they share their acknowledgment of the incident that happened and their concern about the customer being safe and unharmed after the incident. Ola clarifies that in their investigation, it was revealed that the incident happened as a result of the short circuit caused by the aftermarket parts that were used on the scooter and the battery in the vehicle is intact and functional.
Then they state that Ola follows stringent vehicle safety and quality standards because quality is their highest priority. The statement concluded with their advice to the customers to use only genuine spare parts and accessories for all the service requirements.