MERRY CHRISTMAS 2021: Why do we celebrate Christmas? Heartfelt Christmas Wishes and Greetings that will bring Smiles on the Faces of your Loved Ones
The festival of happiness and a lot of celebrations is here, What have you wished for? Oh don’t tell me, only Santa need to know your wish. Let’s gather up with our loved ones, decorate our houses pretty, exchange gifts and enjoy the much-anticipated day with joy and amusement.
But what if I ask you why do we celebrate Christmas? Is there some amazing story behind it? Yes, there is.
Christmas is celebrated to remember the birth of Jesus Christ, who is considered to be the Son of God by Christians. But we don’t know the actual birth date of Jesus Christ, then
why do we celebrate it on December 25?
Also, he wasn’t born in the year 1 but slightly earlier. There are various beliefs and traditions related to the date. Many people believe that mother Mary was informed that she was going to have a unique baby on 25th March, Christians believe it is the day of the formation of the world and also it was the day on which Jesus Christ died for his people. After 9 months of this day comes December 25 which is thus considered to be Christ’s birthday.
December 25th was first celebrated as Christmas in 336 during the reign of the first Christian Roman Emperor, Constantine. The date was also not chosen randomly, they liked the date as it coincided with the pagan festivals celebrating the winter solstice i.e. the shortest day and longest night of the year.
Maybe the selection was also symbolic as each day after Christmas, the sun will be brighter and the earth will be full of life with time like Jesus Christ brought light and happiness to the planet.
Still, the date was not formalized until 529 AD when Roman Emperor Justinian declared Christmas a civic holiday.
Now, one more question, from where is the word Christmas derived?
The word Christmas is derived from the Mass of Christ. Mass service is the place where Jesus Christ died for his people. The “Christ-Mass” service took place at a time after dusk and before dawn which merged the Midnight trend in Christian culture and that’s how the festival got its name Christmas.
How Santa Claus is related to Christmas?
It’s a very strange story that just found its way into Christmas culture.
There was a humble monk named St. Nicholas in Turkey who became a Saint after giving away all his wealth for the betterment of poor people. he was also known as the patron saint of children which became the origin of Santa’s love for children. The early Dutch who immigrated to the US called him “Sint Nikolaas”, later became “Sinter Klaas,” which has since evolved into Santa Claus.
The image of an amazing jolly old man with gifts, a naughty-or-nice list, reindeer, and chimney shenanigans was introduced by an 1822 poem written by Episcopal minister Clement Clarke Moore known by its first line, “‘Twas the night before Christmas…”
Christmas is one of the most wonderful and important festivals for the Christian which is celebrated by people of different origins all over the world. Decorating the Christmas tree, lighting up the house, putting up a wreath on the front door, exchanging gifts and enjoying a delicious dinner with your loved ones is the most amusing and traditional way of celebrating Christmas.
But is it all? Are you going to wish Merry Christmas to all at the dinner table like every year? And what if you are far from home and couldn’t make it home this year, are you just going to message Merry Christmas? Shouldn’t it be more heartwarming and thoughtful which will make your loved ones realize that you love them or miss them? Yes, it should be.
So for your convenience, we brought to you some great heartfelt Christmas wishes which will bring a smile to the faces of your loved ones and make them feel that you value them.
- May God bless you with the purity of love and life become more auspicious!
- I wish you that you get all the things that you want in you and this Christmas brings a lot of happiness to your home!
- Hey Dears! I send blessings to you millions of times, you are the one who completes me. I love you so much and wish you Merry Christmas!
- May this Christmas make your life more and more beautiful, you’ll get good health and happiness!
- May the divinity and purity of the Christmas and the new year festivals make your life holy and meaningful. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance to all my special ones!
- May the closeness of friends, the comfort of home, and the unity of our nation, renew your spirits this festive season. Merry Christmas and happy new year to your family!
- May the Angels bless us all on this day and shower us with peace, good health and happiness. Merry Christmas Dear!
Merry Christmas Greetings
- To all the amazing people who dwell in my heart, I wish all of you nothing but infinite joy and immeasurable happiness this Christmas brings! Merry Christmas to you all!
Thanks for brightening my life with your love and support. I want you to know that you are everything that I have ever dreamt of. Merry Christmas!
Let the magic of love brighten our smiles and enlighten our souls. Merry Christmas to the loveliest person I know!
- May this Christmas be full of surprises, gifts, and greetings for you. Embrace the joy this wonderful occasion brings to your home. Merry Christmas 2021!
Let’s make some memories this Christmas that will last forever. Enjoy the biggest holiday of the year. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Let this festive season make way for a better and brighter tomorrow for you. Enjoy the magic around you! Merry Christmas!
- During this festive season of giving, let us take time to slow down and enjoy the simple things. May everything on your wish list come true. Happy Holidays!
Romantic Christmas Wishes
- Because of you, life is worth living, and memories are well-remembered. Sending my love to you on this festive occasion.
- Can’t wait to meet you and see your beautiful face this Christmas eve. You fill my heart with so much joy and pleasure. Merry Christmas my love!
Christmas for me is a time to gather and celebrate God’s gift to us. As I think of the things I’ve been blessed with, YOU always come first. Merry Christmas!
- You’re the sweetest partner anyone could ever hope to have. All I want is to shower you with some extra love and affection this Christmas!
Christmas Wishes for Friends
- Hope this Christmas brings you new opportunities and gives you great ideas. Let Christmas also bring you wealth and happiness. Have a great time with friends and family. Merry Christmas!
- I wish Santa to be just as good to you as you are to me. I hope he fills your socks with your favourite candy. Merry Christmas, dear friend!
- You’re one in million to me. A friend like you is all that I need to feel special on Christmas eve! Thanks for always being there for me!
- Merry Christmas, buddy! This cold holiday season always feels warmer when spent among loved ones. I hope you can spend meaningful time with your family members, a feast to your heart’s content with them, and exchange not only gifts but also laughter and love! Here’s to a Christmas full of nostalgia, peace, and unity!
- Your friendship is the best Christmas gift that I’ve ever received. I want it to last forever!
Christmas Wishes for Family
- The place I call ‘home’ is the safest haven for my inner child, and Christmas always brings back the nostalgic memories of past holiday seasons. I am blessed to be able to celebrate this meaningful occasion with the people I love most! Merry Christmas to my loving family! May we be blessed with success, health and protection!
- Every Christmas is a time to be in touch with so many wonderful people under the same roof. I’m proud to be a part of this family!
- Favourite foods and favourite faces are the reasons why Christmas is my most favourite festival. I love all of you! Merry Christmas!
- It doesn’t matter how far away from each other we are the whole year, we’ll surely unite under the same roof every Christmas! Happy Christmas!
- The festive cheer of this magical season reminds me of all the beautiful Christmas moments I spent with you guys. I wish to be with you this time too!
In these busy schedules and busy lives, people have lost the essence of happiness and life. Make some time for the people who wait for you at the dinner table to enjoy the festival with you. It’s the festive season, decorate your house, lighten it up and please yourself with amazing food and company of your happy pills.